7 Eyeball Worthy Links of the Week #34
Every Friday we list 7 of the best stories we’ve read throughout the week. Most have something to do with small business and getting funding or business loans. Occasionally we’ll add something that’s completely off topic.
Enjoy the stories below and please share something you’ve read this week.
The 34th edition of Eyeball Worthy Links of the Week:
1. Small biz loan demand up, Federal Reserve says — CNNMoney — “A growing portion of the nation’s banks saw a spike in demand for loans to smaller firms late last year, according to the latest Federal Reserve figures …”
2. What Zappos Can Teach You About Becoming Irresistible to Customers — Copyblogger — “What can a well-run shoe store teach you about your own online business? Well, everything …”
3. A Cabinet Full of Entrepreneur Helpers — Government Executive — President Obama welcomed Karen Mills, administrator of the Small Business Administration, to the Cabinet, and emphasized that other agencies would be pitching in to help people who want to start their own businesses — even some you might not expect.
4. Forget Networking. How to Be a Connector — Entrepreneur — “We all know people like them, people who seem to know everyone. They’re always able to help — or if they can’t, they know someone who can. You meet them for the first time and in 15 minutes, you’re talking with them like you’re childhood friends …”
5. P&G To Lay Off 1,600 After Discovering It’s Free To Advertise On Facebook — Business Insider — “Reality appears to have finally arrived at Procter & Gamble, the world’s largest marketer, whose $10 billion annual ad budget has hurt the company’s margins …”
6. 8 Ways to Build Customer Loyalty — Inc. — “Top salespeople use these simple rules to keep their customers buying from them–even in the face of steep competition.”
7. Big Data, Big Dead End — CTRL-Shift News
“‘Big Data’ seems well on its way to becoming the next big bandwagon. However, in the scheme of things I think it’s more like a Big Dead End …”
Now it’s your turn. What did you see this week that is worthy of everyone’s eyeballs?