What is the ROI of Grandma? — Entrepreneur Addiction #27 with Alex Lawrence
Click below to Play
Click here to download the mp3
Click here to subscribe on iTunes.
Click here for the RSS feed (non iTunes)
Click here for the show archive
For this episode, we were joined in studio by Alex Lawrence, who has been starting and growing companies for the last 17 years, to talk about entrepreneurship and social media.
He is the Vice Provost of Innovation and Economic Development and a Professor of Internet Marketing and Entrepreneurship at Weber State University.
In his 17 years of starting and selling businesses, Alex says “there have been plenty of struggles as well – learning equally from both the ups and downs of entrepreneurship.” Learning by doing has made Alex well-versed in business strategy and development, sales, Internet marketing, social media, venture and debt capital, mobile and Web application development, franchising, mergers and acquisitions, exits, and day-to-day business operations.
Make sure to follow Alex’s blog at StartupFlavor, and on Twitter at @_alexlawrence
Turn up your speakers or put on your headphones, and enjoy the conversation:
Highlights of “What is the ROI of Grandma?”
- Yes, Alex, it is a real studio
- What is a “Vice Provost”?
- Alex’s lessons from 17 years experience in starting and selling companies
- How to grow franchises and restaurants
- The shelf life of restaurants
- How to gain ultimate respect from your employees
- Why you should have 3+ restaurants instead of 1
- Why a longtime entrepreneur entered the education world
- When entrepreneurs get burnout
- Why attitude is a critical ingredient for success
- Why capital is the lifeblood for businesses and who we are as a country
- How Alex’s friend secured $1M+ in business loans
- How social media impacts entrepreneurs/small- and mid-sized businesses
- Affiliate marketing
- What is the ROI of social media?
- What is the ROI of your grandma?
- Trends in entrepreneurship
Click below to Play
Get matched with the right Business Loan
Create a Free Lendio Account