SALT LAKE CITY, December 10, 2014—Lendio, the center of small business lending and the leading website that helps business owners find the right loan in minutes, was named one of Utah’s best companies to work for in 2014.
For the second year in a row, Utah Business Magazine recognized Lendio for creating a work environment of happy and engaged employees. As part of the process, Lendio employees answered a confidential survey about the company’s benefits, compensation, career development and management processes. Responses were scored and the top Utah companies were selected in four categories: Micro, Small, Medium and Large. Lendio was chosen in the Small category.
“Lendio is about people – both employees and small business owners. We are passionate about creating a positive work environment where team members unleash their skills, implement their strategies and make big things happen,” said Lendio CEO and Founder Brock Blake. “This award helps validate that we are moving in the right direction as we build the next great American company.”
Some of the best practices that helped Lendio win the recognition include:
- Company Mission – Lendio employees work hard to make the process of getting a small business loan simple. They rally around the company’s mission to ‘Fuel the American Dream’ and to be the catalyst to the U.S. economy.
- Company Values – Lendio focuses on three core values: being happy (employee satisfaction), being humble (customer focus and service) and being hungry (positive results and career growth).
- Work and Life Balance – Lendio strives to maintain a healthy work and life balance. It enables its employees to manage their own schedule to achieve their goals and results.
- Shout Out Awards – Employees have the opportunity to recognize their peers for a job well done during monthly company meetings.
- Team Building – Offsites, ping pong battles, cross-departmental activities, service projects and book clubs help build unity at Lendio.
- Culture Committee – Every department sends a representative to a monthly culture meeting where successes and suggestions for improvements are discussed.
- Career Development – Each Lendio employee is the CEO of his/her role and is given the ownership, training and tools to make a positive impact on Lendio and his/her career.
“Lendio is full of smart, focused employees and if you spend a day in our office, you will see happy employees accomplishing great things,” said Lendio Accounting Manager Frances Zaccardi. “Lendio gives me the ability to own my role and make a positive impact on people’s lives.”
Learn more about the Lendio team.